Sunday, November 23, 2014

Down on the Island: 2

          On this part Jim was talking about cheating during exams. We can say that is a problem that we have in our society in PR. He said that in Puerto Rico we like to be "good friends" and we love to help "our good friends" in EVERYTHING including those things that we shouldn't help. Then he said that in USA is more a competition, everyone is trying to be better than you.  I don't think that is bad if you forgot one assignment because that could happened, we are all humans. Where is the problem that we have? The problem start when we do this because is part of us (laziness or you just don't care).
           I would explain this to you with a example. On my second year of university I had QUIM3001 on PSI and my friend gave to me her notes for the exam so I can study more of my other exam of BIOL 2. It's was perfect now I don't have to read the book I already have the review. After that I did it again, I didn't study for the exam, I did not read the book and she gave me her review. On the 3 time I was so sure that she will give me her review that i don't even take the time to look what was the test of the week, but SURPRISE! she didn't gave me the review!! I was so mad at her and I told her that she was a bad friend (totally the opposite). After that I told her thank you for beginning a good friend I was too lazy for study, she help me. The point of this is that maybe you think that helping your friend pass the test is good but the truth is that you are doing a mistake. In the future we need responsible adult not cheaters.

5 comments:

  1. It's like what we were talking about the other day in the classroom... blaming others, looking for someone to blame. But it is good that you learned the lesson! Nice Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to have someone to help you out in a pinch, if you have too many tests all on the same day. But we can't just rely on that all the time. Good thing your friend cared enough to take you off the track of just relying on her all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can't be crutches for our friends because in reality we are not helping them. It's more like putting duct tape on a broken pipe; sure it'll fix the problem for the time being, but in the long run, it will only make things more difficult to fix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice friend! It's better to face these situations now so when you are working in the future, you don't face greater problems. Friends support you, but at the end knowledge has to be gained and earned, not given.

    ReplyDelete