Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Gift from the Sea: Book


The book  narrated the meditations of Anne about her youth and age; love and marriage; peace, solitude and contentment as she set them down during a brief vacation by the sea. Drawing inspiration from the shells on the shore. All that I want to say is "the book is inspiring". It makes you reflex about everything in life. Is those kind of books that are perfect for a rainy day and pass all day looking through the window thinking about you and your future. It's makes you feel less alone
My final project of my literature class consist in writing a paper about one book of your preference. I passed two days reading about different books of traveling before choosing one for the project. I found this book “A Gift from the Sea” by Anne Morrow. The fist thing I saw was the beautiful cover. I LOVEE the ocean as you can in my blog about me and when I saw those beautiful shells I fell in love withe the book. Then I started to read about the book and it touch my heart. I’m this kind of person that love to read about introspective thought of others, I can learn of them.

One of my favorites quotes is "One does not need a closet-full, only a small suitcase-full... less worry about what to wear" Actually we don't need to much to be happy and to be successful just the necessary, and sometime less is better. Those kind of quotes that makes you want to change your life for good. 

4 comments:

  1. That last quote really hits home. Many people focus so much on hoarding material things when they should be hoarding sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our surroundings can inspire us to write amazing things. I really like the last quote you put. What was your favorite part of the book ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, where did you find that quote? It's very deep. I'm considering to read your book because it seems very interesting. Literally now, I'm hearing your blog's music, reading your blogs with all the decoration you have and it's a place very different from my reality, I feel like to cry, but at the same time I feel like at the grass looking to the night sky.... You really made a good job creating your blog!

    ReplyDelete